‘Living Meta-Analysis’ is a free online platform developed to make meta-analysis and meta-analytic findings more intuitive and accessible. It hosts open meta-analytic databases, runs flexible meta-analyses in real time and visualizes the results. In effect, it makes the use of meta-analytic evidence as easy as it can be, enhancing the openness, reliability and cumulativeness of research.
Scroll down to read more about LiMA.
What can I do in LiMA?
- Explore existing meta-analyses, including:
- Limiting the analyses to sub-samples,
- Flexibly running moderator analyses,
- Generating visual outputs and the corresponding statistics,
- Exporting data plots and tables.
- Add to existing meta-analyses, e.g.:
- New studies,
- New variables,
- Corresponding new outputs,
- Comments on existing data points or calculations etc.
- Set up my own meta-analysis, and share it with others.
- Fixed-effect meta-analysis
- Dynamic forest plot visualization
- Novel grape chart visualization
Features in development
- Advanced filtering of studies for meta-analysis
- Random-effects meta-analysis
- Moderator analysis
- Teaching support
Novel visualization of a meta-analysis – groups studies according to moderator variables and provides intuitive displays of the study distributions and weights. Grape Charts are interactive analysis tools in their own right (every study-grape links to more study information).
Example from a misinformation-effect meta-analysis:
The LiMA Philosophy
Living meta-analytic databases
- Easy to set and evolve
- Community editing and commenting
- Exportability (data plots and tables)
…in a user-friendly Web platform
- Intuitively explore existing meta-analyses
- Openly share and comment on data
- Let the community help and contribute
…for research, practice and education
- Use updated meta-analytic evidence for new research
- Facilitate putting evidence into practice
- Develop meta-analytic thinking by making it easy and intuitive
LiMA is currently in an invitation-only development & feedback phase. Thank you for your interest.
To sign up for LiMA news and announcements, please email email@example.com.
LiMA is now invitation-only:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in taking part.